Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ipsy March Glam Bag Review


Some girls like flowers or candies delivered to their doors. Me, I like beauty boxes! There's something magical about a package arriving in the mail stocked with teeny-tiny products that makes me feel like it's my birthday, once every month. This review will be for my March Ipsy Glam bag.

This months theme was The Great Escape.

It was supposed to be filled with travel friendly items. I thought the theme was executed well.

Lets start with the good; I loved this months bag. Up until now all of my bags have been solid colors. The blue and white nautical print was super cute and just right for spring break!

Lets move on to what’s inside…
 
 
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist: This is a good size mist that is great for hydrating your skin when it's warm outside. The bottle I received is 1 oz. The full size is 6.75 oz.
This contains rosehip, ylang ylang, grapeseed oil and antioxidant rich organic juices.
The full size retails for $22. The value of this is ~$3.50.


L.A. Fresh Travel-lite Makeup Remover wipes.
Cool. I can always use some make-up remover wipes. These come with 8 in a travel pack. They are supposed to dissolve even heavy duty makeup. I haven’t used them yet, I plan on taking them on vacation with me at the end of the month.
These retail for $1.99


Yaby Eye shadow refill
This is a brand I've never heard of before, and these are the tiniest eye shadows.
I received an Emerald Green shade called So Vein as well as a beige shade called Sand. Unfortunately, the eye shadows aren't that pigmented and are actually kind of chalky. I can work with them though. A good primer may help.
Dune. Full size eye shadows are 3 grams and retail for $3.15.

Glamrx Mini Freestyle Palette
Love this! It's a cute palette that you can add little eye shadows/blushes etc. Having so many monthly subscriptions I have a fair share of sample shadows, this little pallet is perfect for storing them! It will also be great for storing a single blush from my blush pallets when I travel.


The Verdict:
There were definitely some hits and misses in this bag. Up until now Ipsy has not disappointed, but this months bag was just ok. Honestly, I don't expect this company to please everyone all the time. It's impossible.

Overall I’d guess this months bag was worth about $19.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment