Thursday, May 2, 2013

KEEP IT OR TOSS IT: ULTA Double Duty Concealer


As you guys know, I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the worlds greatest concealer! So when ULTA was running a sale on their brand of makeup …of course, I had to give the concealer a run!

 
Description (From ULTA’s website)

Available in three shades

Experience an adaptable base that perfectly prepares eyes, fixes flaws and diminishes discoloration to revitalize and brighten eyes.

Powerful Peptides help banish bags and diminish under eye discoloration while a beneficial blend of Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herbs act in synergy to stimulate circulation, reduce blood and fluid accumulation, strengthen capillaries to decrease persistent puff.

Skin perfecting pigments enhance natural color and even skin tone while silica scatters light to create a soft focus effect minimizing imperfection
 

I cant say that I LOVED anything about this product, but here’s what I didn‘t hate:

Blends well

No creasing

Coverage is full

Unfortunately this product for me has more cons than pros. Here’s what I don’t like:

Packaging is TERIABLE. The metal roller ball is poorly constructed and doesn’t allow a sufficient flow of product.
 
 
Consistency is too drying making the skin around my eyes appear dry and aging. Even on my ultra oily skin!

Limited colors avaliable

While this product will not break the bank at $12.50 there are much better products on the market in this price point. Unfortunately for me this product is not a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment